This is going to be long but you don't HAVE to read it....
It's now November and the time we contemplate on the things we are thankful for. I have so very many I could never ever tell them all but I am going to take a serious moment and try. Lets start with Halloween. Last year was a very dark and hard time in the lives of our small family. Korry was so sick and we weren't sure how we were going to make it through to the next day. Luckily, we had Dr. Stibor who was there when we needed him, and a great family of people who had not only been through the same problem but called constantly to check on him. I am so thankful that it's over but in the same breath thankful that we had to go threw it. Because of the challenges we faced at the time we turned to the gospel to try to overcome them. Korry and I finished reading The Book of Mormon for the first time together, it was the first time I'd ever read it completely. Sense last October, we have made it our personal goal to read the scriptures and pray together every night. Our testimonies of everything gospel related have grown in one way or another and our love as a family has as well.
The truth is sometimes we have to face things that seem completely impossible and we don't understand why. I know without a doubt that the trials we face, we face for a reason. We may not see it when it's happening, but it's possible in time that we'll know why we had to and we'll grow from those things. So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, everyone who called and prayed and visited us last year.
Today in Sacrament Lundyn Izatt, a sweet girl in our primary class, stood and gave her testimony. It was one of those times when the room is silent, no one is going up, people are looking at their shoes, and Lundyn stood and gave her testimony from the heart. When Kennadee saw her up there telling how much she loved her family, she looked at us and said, "I love mommy and daddy," and then tried to forcefully climb over us to get up to the microphone. She wanted so badly to bare her testimony and Korry and I both looked at each other wondering if it was right to let your 3 year old get up to share her testimony. There are so many points in this story that are important and touch my heart greatly. We have the opportunity to teach these wonderful spirits in primary every week and in turn they are touching our lives by forging the path as examples for little ones like Kennadee.
It all boils down to the gospel in my life. I love the gospel. It's been difficult to find it and to squeeze myself into it but I finally feel like I do and I'm here for a reason. I know that I'm happy, I have what I have because I chose to follow the teachings of the gospel. I'm so grateful to be married in the temple and have an eternal family. My greatest blessing in this life is Korry. I love him so much. He is my opposite in almost everything and that's why he's so perfect. Sometimes I just want to squeeze the life out of him thinking about how much he's done for me and what a wonderful person he is. I just hope that my children will turn out as much like him as possible.
Oh thank you Heavenly Father for letting me have the gift of the Gospel in my life today and not be searching for it, wondering why I'm here and what this life is about. Thank you for giving me another family who cherishes these wonderful principles. Thank you for giving me in laws who are willing to sacrifice their days trying to help others find the happiness that I have and for those same people who not only trust me to take care of their house and their worldly belongings, but most of all their son. Thank you for giving me a testimony and granting me experiences to help it grow. Thank you for allowing me to be a mother to the most wonderful children I could have ever hoped or imagined. Thank you for letting me be the daughter of not only one but two sets of the most amazing parents. Thank you for letting me be a sister and a sister in law to people who I know love me and would do almost anything for me. Thank you for letting me have sweet nieces and nephews who are growing to be incredible adults that I learn from everyday. Thank you for hearing my prayers, thank you for friends, thank you for this amazing world and the opportunity which I've had to grow up in the best part of the land of the free.
I want to share everything that's in my heart. I feel so grateful that I wish I could rewind my day back to testimony meeting and stand in front of everyone ringing a bell and singing my testimony.
How can I ever count my many blessings, the truth is I'll never be able to. I love you all, thank you for everything and for being a part of my life.
8 years ago
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing!! This was really nice to read and helped remind me of all that I am thankful for too!
Awwww, this was a great post!
Dear Tara, Thank you for your beautiful testimony---You are a blessing to our family. May the Lord continue to pour his blessings on you and your sweet family. Love, Aunt Janet.
Hey Tara,
Thank you for making me cry. Those are exactly the feelings in my heart as well. I too have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful for you! You are great.
Love you.
Post a Comment