Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's Been Awhile

Dear Blog Followers,
I am very sorry for the delay in information. I have no reasonable excuse but I do have a couple small ones. First, and the most important, I lost the cord to charge my camera. It's been two whole months sense I've taken reasonable pictures of my children because I don't know where the thing has escaped to. Secondly, we've had a parade of sickness this week. The flu has gone threw all the women in our house. I'm only writing now because I have a bit of insomnia and can't get to sleep.
We're all doing fine here. Korry has been working at the golf course for the past two weeks and hasn't had a day off sense he started, even though the weather has been less than favorable. Hopefully he'll get some more employees hired and then we'll see him at least once a week. I started my summer semester at Utah State last week. Usually, I'm very organized when it comes to preparing for school but I have to admit my hearts not in it. I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to cut it.
Kennadee is very excited to say that she signed up for SWIM LESSONS! She starts the middle of June and can't wait. She is just so smart and growing up so quickly. Last week we went to Idaho for a trip to the zoo and to have her hair cut. It's short now and she seems to like it. She always has something witty to say. Today Jim was cutting down some trees in the front yard and she ran to the front door, opened it, and yelled, "TIMBER!" As loud as she could. It was pretty hilarious.

Eli, oh boy is he cute. He has six teeth now and when he smiles he looks a little bit like goofy. Combine that with the fact that he waddles like Frankenstine and you can't help but smile at him every time he comes into a room. He loves to follow Grandma and has become her little shadow. When he's not following her he's usually hoarding stacks of towels and hot pads from the kitchen drawers and hiding them in the same place next to the pellet stove. We're not quite sure why he does this?

Lately, our little family, including Korry's parents, have been making the effort to have nightly walks together. We go at least one mile every night that the weather is good enough. We were able to sneak out 3 or 4 times last week. I bought a bike trailer/jogging stroller and it works great! I'm really happy with it so far and am excited to spend some quality time with my kids when we start taking morning walks together. They usually do pretty well inside except the last time they started fighting over a bug juice and we almost didn't make it back in one piece.

We have no big plans for memorial weekend. Korry's sister Becky and her family are coming to visit and I believe that we're going to clean out Great Grandma Wheeler's house too. No camping in the rain for this family!

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Summer semesters are the hardest...too much to do too little time to get it all done and not enough time to play....but you hang in there!! It will be worth it in the end.
Shanna